Search This Blog

Advertisement

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Gerard Way My Chemical Romance

Gerard Way

- The New Jersey native fronts punk band My Chemical Romance. He created a successful comic-book franchise, the Umbrella Academy. In the videos promoting his band’s latest, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, MCR sports superhero alter egos and ray guns.


Gerard Arthur Way born April 9, 1977 is an American musician and comic book writer who has served as lead vocalist and co-founder of the band My Chemical Romance since its formation in 2001. On Friday night at In The Venue in Salt Lake City, the New Jersey-bred rock band signaled that they were going back to basics, ready to reclaim their status as one of the most dynamic rock bands in North America.
It’s weird. You have the death of traditional rock & roll and the birth of punk. Every record or band I’m drawn to is right around that period.

There’s something about those recordings that doesn’t sound old. The stuff we listened to in high school, you listen to them now and, whoa, it sounds horrible! Dated. You put an old Misfits record on, and it sounds like it came out yesterday.
Absolutely. Yesterday we spent the day talking about Duran Duran.
My God, we’ve never… Biggie versus Tupac. Fuck our hair up.  

Danger Days feels empowered by your success with comic books.
Will you change?

I’ve already changed tremendously. I’m definitely doing stuff differently onstage. There’s no death wish anymore. I wanna live! It definitely cemented it. Life is great.”

No comments:

Post a Comment